If you follow me on Instagram you have probably noticed how much of an oatmeal fan I am. Yet, I realised whilst making breakfast this morning that I had never posted a simple (sweet) oatmeal recipe, which is why I have decided to share my ultimate go-to oatmeal with you guys. It only takes about 5 minutes to throw together and it is made using mostly staple ingredients! You can always leave some ingredients out and replace them by something else- of course, I can’t promise your porridge will be any good 😉
- 50g oats (I buy them from Quaker or Rude Health)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp PB2 powder (buy here)
- 40g frozen blueberries
- 100g plain soya yogurt
- Water and a kettle
- Boil some water in a kettle.
- Pour the oats in a bowl and top them with cinnamon.
- Add just enough boiling water so all of the oats are covered. Stir the water in well until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Top with soya yogurt, banana and blueberries.
- Place the PB2 powder in a little jar or glass and add a tablespoon of water. Stir it well and pour it on top of your oatmeal.
- Lastly, sprinkle some coconut sugar on top.
If you are still not entirely convinced, here are some of my other favourite toppings:
- Grated apple, cinnamon and soya yogurt
- Medjool dates and walnuts
- Frozen mango and cashew butter
- Coconut yogurt, cacao nibs and banana
You can always tailor your oatmeal to your own preferences by adding in your favourite fruits (pear, kiwi, strawberries etc), nut butters (almond butter, peanut butter etc.), nuts/seeds (brazil nuts, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds etc.) superfoods (goji berries, bee pollen, chia seeds etc.).