This beauty started out as a complete experiment. I was in the mood for something warming and filling with tons of spices for an energy boost. This was exactly what I needed! A chickpea and sweet potato curry with coconut milk that only takes 10 minutes (excluding the rice) to prepare.
For 1 serving
- 100g canned chickpeas
- 1 steamed or boiled sweet potato
- 120ml coconut milk (make sure it’s not too watery!)
- 1 small tbsp curry powder
- 1 small piece of peeled ginger (1cm by 0.5mm)
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 3 slices of mango
- A few coriander leaves
- 70g rice
- Cook your rice. Do this well before starting the curry if you’re using brown rice. You could also use quinoa or white rice if you really can’t wait!
- Place a saucepan on medium heat with the boiled or steamed potato in it.
- Add in the (rinsed!) chickpeas, coconut milk, cut-up ginger (tiny tiny pieces), and curry powder.
- Stir everything for about 2 minutes and add in the baby spinach.
- When the spinach has completely wilted add in 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Serve the curry with rice and top it with 3 mango slices, a few fresh coriander leaves and some more pepper and salt.