Everytime I get back to London I find myself having to whip up a meal using anything I can find in my pantry and freezer. I usually don’t end up with anything too exciting, but this time I made a super easy, wholesome, and delicious plate of pasta requiring very few ingredients! Give it a try and let me know how it goes 🙂
For one large portion
- 1/3 can of cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 150g fusilli
- 3 tbsp pesto (as this is the main ingredient I suggest going for quality, organic pesto if you can!)
- 3 handfuls of chopped up kale (I had some left in the freezer)
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Black pepper and salt
- Boil the pasta for about 10 minutes.
- When it is nearly ready, place a pan on medium heat and add in the olive oil and pine nuts. Keep stirring until they become golden brown.
- Add in the kale with some black pepper and salt and cook for about 3 minutes until it has wilted down completely.
- Add in 2 tbsp of pesto, the cannellini beans, and the fusilli to the pan.
- Stir gently to prevent the beans from breaking up. Make sure all of the pasta is covered in pesto (add some more if needed).
- When serving, add another tbsp of pesto.