It can be quite challenging to hit your daily protein goals on a plant-based diet. This is why I love finding new and easy ways of getting in some extra protein. As you probably know, tofu, tempeh, beans and Vegan protein powder are amazing ways of doing this. However, eating some of these foods on their own, as a snack, often turns into a not-so-pleasant experience. Yet, I find that combining tofu with hummus does the trick; quick, easy and high-protein!
- 100g of (regular) tofu
- 50g of hummus
- Quality sea salt
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- Optional: dried chilli flakes and fresh basil leaves
- Cut the tofu in to strips of 1,5x5cm.
- Place a frying or grilling pan onto medium to high heat
- When the pan is hot, add 1-2 tsp of olive oil, coconut oil or baking spray
- Place the tofu strips in the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side
- Place some hummus on a plate, sprinkle with sea salt, chilli flakes and fresh basil and start dipping!