One of the things I used to love eating (before going plant-based) were richly filled sandwiches. White baguette with chicken, mayonaise, tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce- this used to be my favorite combo! Right now I am constantly looking for easy sandwich toppings that allow me to quickly whip together a delicious and filling meal. Need some inspo? I’ve got you covered!
- 1 small baguette (I used dark bread, simply choose the kind you love best)
- 50g of hummus (feels like mayo, except without the cruelty)
- 1/4 avocado
- 50g canned lentils (great source of plant-based protein)
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- Pepper and quality sea salt
- Basil leaves
- Slice the baguette and top both sides with hummus.
- Mash 1/4 of an avocado and add it to the sandwich.
- Top it with canned lentils (make sure you rinse them well first!).
- Top the sandwich with pepper and salt.
- Slice the tomatoes and finish your dish off with some basil leaves.