When reading this title and seeing this photo you might be a bit dubious as to whether or not this porridge tastes good. Let me tell you, it does! You can go a hunderd different ways with porridge. You could make it very sweet by topping it with dates, banana, honey and chocolate, you could make a savoury version with eggs and veggies or you could go somewhere in between, by making a ‘sweet veggie’ version. This porridge contains courgettes, but also banana. It contains alkalizing green powder, but also honey. Best of both worlds, right?
- 50g oats
- 60g banana
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small courgette
- 100ml almond or coconut milk (I used vanilla flavoured almond milk)
- 100ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of alkalizing green powder (or chlorella, however you might need less of this because the taste it quite strong)
- Optional: 1 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp sunflower seeds, 1 tsp of chia seeds, 1 tsp hemp seeds (or all of them!)
- Top with: 50g blueberries or 1 chopped up medjool date
- Place the oats in a saucepan on high heat (not maximum heat) and add the milk. Grate the courgette on top of the oats and stir it in. Add the salt and honey.
- Let the oats simmer for about 3-4 minutes (make sure they don’t burn!). When all of the milk is absorbed pour in the water, stir, and stir in the alkalizing greens.
- Add sliced up banana and turn down the heat to medium/low heat for another 4 minutes.