This recipe only takes 5 minutes! I say this because I realise that some of you might be discouraged at the thought of making your own granola in the mornings. Do not get me wrong, I love store-bought granola, but I have two problems when I buy it. My first problem is not knowing what exactly is in it. These granolas often contain huge (unnecessary) amounts of sugar (even if is just in the shape of maple syrup, agave syrup etc.). My second problem is that I am very bad at portion control when it comes to granola. If you give me a whole box, I am likely to eat a lot more than I should. With this recipe you will know exactly how much sugar it contains and you will not be able to overeat.
For 1 serving
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 20g oats
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 10g chopped up pecan nuts (or walnuts)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place a pan on medium to high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add in the coconut oil and let it melt.
- Add in the oats and chopped up pecan nuts. Stir them together.
- Add in the honey, vanilla essence and cinnamon. It is important to stir well through out the process. Leave it there for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add in the coconut flakes. Leave it there for another 1-2 minutes until the granola has become crispy and darker in colour.