Adding fruit to your salads- you either love it or hate it. You might have noticed I tend to add the craziest ingredients to my salads; from toppings to fruit. This recipe serves as the perfect light lunch. With a side of sweet potato or warming grains you will be good to go!
For 1 portion
- 60g edamame beans (frozen, unshelled)
- 1 small bag of mixed salad of choice (about 4 large handfuls)
- 5 coriander leaves
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 orange
- 100g broccolini
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pepper and salt
- Optional: goji berries, pumpkin seeds, bee pollen
- Steam the broccolini for a few minutes (not more than 5).
- Whilst you wait for the broccolini, grab a large bowl and add in the lemon juice, juice of 1/2 orange, olive oil, honey, and pepper + salt.
- Add in the salad leaves and cover it with the dressing.
- Place the frozen edamame beans in a small bowl of water, heat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the edamame beans, avocado, and chopped up orange to the salad.
- Grab a grill pan (or regular pan) and place it on high heat (7). When the pan is HOT, add in 1 tsp of the oil of your choice (I used olive oil- I know, sue me) and start grilling/sautéing the broccolini. Grill them on both sides until you see grill marks or until they are golden.
- Place everything on a plate and top with the broccolini, coriander + optional toppings!