Lately I have really been getting in to smoothies for breakfast. I had always liked them, but they just weren’t filling enough unless I added tons of ‘decorations’ on top such as chia seeds, almond, shredded coconut etc. This smoothie however is packed with nutrients in itself and very very filling! It contains Spirulina, which is a green algae packed protein (you’d have to eat a lot of it for a significant amount, though), Omega 3 and chlorophyll, which helps your body get rid of toxins. It also contains chia seeds and avocado (again, high in Omega 3), banana (Potassium, great for post-workout meals to balance your water levels) and Vegan protein powder (great to get in some protein, especially after a workout). I suggest having this as a (post-workout) meal, though, not as a snack as it remains quite high in calories. You could, however, half your portion and have it as a post-workout snack. It’s an amazing way to start the day feeling energised and full!
- 1/2 frozen banana (60g)
- 2 handfuls (frozen) spinach
- 1/2 small avocado (50g)
- 300ml coconut milk (if you don’t like coconut milk, go for almond, oat, rice etc)
- 1 medjool date
- 1 tsp Spirulina
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 20g (Vegan) vanilla protein powder
- Blend everything together for about a minute until smooth. Pour in a bowl or jar and you’re good to go!
- You always have the option of adding some water if you feel like your smoothie is too thick, depending on preference.
Enjoy and let me know what you think below 🙂