Impress your friends and family with this extremely easy and delicious soup. It will take you about 20 minutes to prepare (10 of which you’ll be waiting for the veggies to boil!). The soup is not-only extremely delicious, but it also serves as a great immune system-boosting lunch or dinner.
- 5 small (peeled) sweet potatoes (see photo below)
- 5 medium-sized carrots
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves
- A piece of ginger (about 2cm long by 0.5cm wide)
- 200ml of light coconut milk (I used the one from Biona)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 1/2 tsp quality sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
- Place a stock pot on medium heat with some the olive oil.
- Slice the garlic cloves in half, remove their insides and their skin. Cut them up into tiny pieces and add to the stock pot.
- Peel and cut up the garlic into tiny pieces as well and add it to the pot.
- Peel and cut up the sweet potatoes. Wash the carrots and cut them up. There’s no need to remove their skin, but make sure you remove the ends.
- Add the cut-up vegetables to the pot and place a lid on it for about 5 minutes.
- Boil half a liter of water and add it to the pot.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Let the vegetables boil for about 10 minutes until they are soft at high heat.
- Then mix everything up until you end up with a smooth soup.
- Add the coconut milk and another 1/2 liter of water and mix the soup again.