In case you hadn’t noticed, one of my favourite things to do is transform classic dishes into super easy vegan versions! Of course, I’m not trying to kid you and tell you this tofu scramble will taste exactly the same as the milky, gooey scramble you’re used to. However, it is a great alternative- a bit of variation never hurts. Pssst, it’s also a great of getting in some more protein.
For one serving
- 200g of firm tofu
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- A pinch of cumin seeds
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of frozen peas
- Pepper and salt
- 1-2 hours before cooking the tofu, wrap the block in kitchen paper, and cover it with a book or other heavy object to remove the moisture.
- When you are ready to cook the tofu, place a pan on medium to high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add in the olive oil and start ‘scrambling’ the tofu into little pieces.
- Add in the turmeric, paprika, and cumin seeds. Stir well.
- When the tofu is nearly done (golden), add in the peas, chopped up tomatoes, pepper, and salt.
- Stir fry it a bit more until golden brown and serve!
Serving tips: add some pesto, fresh basil, avocado, and brown rice on the side 🙂