My favourite comfort dessert will almost always involve cinnamon- one way or another. From traditional Belgian Speculoos to a deliciously warm apple crumble- I can’t get enough! So without further ado, here is my (slightly) healthier version of the traditional apple and pear crumble.
For the fruit
- 1 apple (not the sour kind!)
- 2 pears
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raw coconut sugar
For the crumble
- 80g oats
- 80g melted coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp coconut sugar (depending on your preference)
- 70g plain or buckwheat flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and cut the apples and pears (into cubes of about 1 by 1cm).
- Place them in an oven dish and stir in the cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Place the oats in a blender and pulse about 5 times until they are partially grinded.
- Grab the oats and but them in a separate bowl, adding in the coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon, and melted coconut oil.
- Stir the mixture well and spread it out evenly on top of the fruit.
- Bake for about 30-35min until golden brown, checking every 10 min to move the crumble around and prevent it from burning!
Top tip: serve with some coconut yogurt or Vegan Ice Cream- YUM!