It’s the weekend! What better to treat yourself with than with a delicious stack of vegan banana pancakes? I have tried a million different variations, but this one by The Pretty Bee is definitely my favourite!
P.S. I never post anyone else’s recipes, but this one deserves some attention!
Serves: 2-3 people
- 1 over ripe banana
- 1¾ cups white spelt flour (or regular flour)
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- vegan buttery spread for the pan
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Add the canola oil, vanilla, and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Add the white spelt flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Place a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a large skillet, and heat over medium low heat.
- Once the pan is hot, spoon the batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes low and slow, it may take about 3-4 minutes on each side. Once the pancakes are done around the edges, flip them over. Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes more, then remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes. Top with butter and syrup.