As temperatures are dropping, all I want to do is cuddle up inside, watch tv shows and sip on deliciously creamy cups of chocolate milk. Yet, ever since I was a kid chocolate milk has given me tummy aches. Although this might have had something to do with the huge amounts of whipped cream I used to add… To avoid this from happening, I have decided to come up with a Vegan version that is as creamy and as delicious as the one I used to drink.
- 300ml of almond or coconut milk (I used So Delicious, Barista Style)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp of raw cacao powder
- Optional: cinnamon or coconut sugar to sprinkle on top
- Use a milk frother to heat the milk and make it foamy. If you do not have one, just heat the milk in a saucepan for a few minutes, although this will not make it foamy. Remove the saucepan from the heat before the milk starts boiling.
- Place the coconut oil and the cacao powder in a cup and add the milk when it is ready.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon and/or coconut sugar to taste. Enjoy!